Jacob and Daniel's Web Design
Terms and Pricing Plans
Click on the name of each pricing plan below for more information.
All Sites May Contain the Following Types of Content
- Jacob and Daniel's personal service (rapid turn-around of changes, etc.)
- No advertising banners or pop-up windows; guaranteed Scout-appropriate content
- Customize the "look and feel" of your website to suit your Scouting unit with an overall theme of colors, fonts, and graphics
- Custom Home Page where you welcome your members and visitors
- An optional navigation frame that stays on-screen so people can easily
navigate around the website without getting "lost"
- Scrolling "What's New" messages, which can link to other pages or websites
- Maintain online event calendars that your group can update
- Custom Questionnaire and Feedback Forms:
- Conduct member surveys, show real-time survey results
- Sign up for events (and see who has already signed up)
- Request reimbursements from treasurer
- Website can automatically send e-mail when data is submitted
- Maps and directions to meetings, campsites, special events
- Links to other Scout units, Districts, or other fun sites
- Documents and forms to download, in any format (.pdf, Word, etc.)
- Lists of unit leaders (with optional phone numbers and/or e-mails)
- Information Page(s) about your unit (history, favorite activities, etc.)
- Unit Policies and Procedures, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What's New and Recent Activities lists
- Fun and Games pages (puzzles, jokes, on-line games, etc.)
- Available "Member Only" areas for private information such as:
- Address and Telephone lists
- Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Photos with names and descriptions
- Private event announcements
- Equipment Inventories
(Optional) Purchasing a full internet host account (about $95 per year) gives you these added benefits:
- First year of a Domain Name is free (your organization's name in the web address: www.troop503.net, www.brownietroop105.org, etc.), and costs $15 per year thereafter to renew
- Tremendous online storage (currently 20 Gigabytes) to store large files, operate blogs or message boards, and display pictures and videos of group activities and recent events
- E-Mail "re-directs" so that, for example, email@example.com can be automatically routed to an existing e-mail account, like firstname.lastname@example.org
The Basic Site Package Includes
- Includes features shown above under "All Sites"
- Low cost, no-risk way to get your Scout group online
- Approximately 8-12 web site pages
- $25 one-time setup, low monthly fee ($5)
- Website address will look like "http://www.jdwd.net/troop345",
(unless your unit already owns or purchases a Domain Name for $15/year).
The Full-Featured Site Package Includes
- Includes anything / everything shown above under "All Sites"
- Most appropriate for medium to large Scout groups (over 25 members)
- Approximately 15-25 web site pages
- $50 one-time setup, which includes:
- Domain Name registration, like "www.troop345.net"
- Database activation, for more dynamic content
- $10 monthly fee
- Message Boards (Discussion Forums) - can be public or private
- More powerful Member Area with multiple levels of site access and privileges to different groups within your organization (e.g., leaders, Scouts, parents, visitors)
- Bulk E-Mail to specified mailing lists within your group
- Use a web-based form to write meeting agendas, newsletter articles, or committee reports, then:
- have them automatically appear on the website, or
- allow someone to screen the inputs before posting
- Patrol Corners: special web pages for each Den or Patrol, where members can have their own private discussion forum
- Website address will look like "http://www.troop345.net"
- Think up your own ideas! It's your website!