LONGHORN COUNCIL FRIENDS OF SCOUTING UNIT CAMPAIGNS (FOS)
Each scouting unit is asked to conduct a FOS campaign to explain the services of the Longhorn Council to parents and leaders and to encourage them to participate in supporting the costs of the annual operation. Each Unit conducting and hitting their GOAL earns an incentive from the Council.
Contact Trinity Trails District Family Friends of Scouting Chair Carll Martinez for more information about your unit's FOS goal.
NEW NEW NEW FOS APPROACH FOR 2017 CAMPAIGNS - The One Month Campaign!!!
This year each unit is asked to ‘run’ their campaign in the month of February, which is Scout Anniversary month.
Also, units that historically have done a successful event November or December of the previous year, may continue. Please work with your District volunteers and professionals to coordinate the campaign approach and timing.
NEW this year also is the option and opportunity to conduct the FOS campaign electronically. The Council will provide each unit choosing this option with a website that is mobile compatible, to electronically conduct your units’ campaign. In addition, units will receive electronic templates for information, educational resources, and communications that can be customized to easily communicate to your parents.
Incentive for completing the Friends of Scouting Campaign and Hitting the FOS Goal.
- Boy Scout Troops receive Free Rank Advancements (all the cloth rank advancements, merit badges, and pocket certificates).
- Cub Scout Packs may choose between a) Cub Scout rank cloth patches, belt loops, cyber chip patch, rank cards, and Webelos activity pins, or b) a 50% discount to either the Cub Family Adventures in April or the Fall Festivals in October 2017.
- Venture Crews receive $100 in Scout Shop gift card.
1. Available from January 1, 2017 through December 31, 2017 for Free Rank Advancement or the two opportunities for a Cubs Scout camping discount.
2. To qualify the Unit must:
- Turn in a Unit Declaration Form at the time of December Rechartering, or at the designated meeting.
- Identify the Unit Champion as the Point of Contact for this campaign.
- Complete your goal and turn in related materials by March 15, 2017.
- Turn in a Goal Completion Form with pledge cards by March 15, 2017.
3. Units meeting their FOS Goals will be recognized at the LHC Annual Recognition Banquet on April 25th.
DOWNLOAD UNIT INCENTIVES DOCUMENT
More information, brochures, and videos about Friends of Scouting Campaign 2017 can be found on the Longhorn Council Web Site: